Dr. Downie has more than 15 years of experience injecting Botox, achieving lovely, natural-looking results. She has been using Botox on her patients since 1994 and on herself since 1996. She compares it to breathing – it is necessary. If you can afford it, you should do it!
What is Botox?
Botox is a prescription medication injected just under the skin with a very fine needle. It blocks nerve impulses to facial muscles and thereby decreases fine lines and wrinkles. Dr. Downie explains the process this way, "If you don't crease the envelope (the forehead, between the eyes, and at the outer corners of the eyes) by tensing those muscles, you won't develop a deep line in the skin. You won't look angry, stressed, or tired when you are actually happy."
Dr. Downie has been using botox on her own frown lines for more than 16 years. This is an actual before and after photo of Dr. Downie.
Testimonial"Dr. D is the most personable Dr. I ever met in my life, she totally informed me on everything from procedure to insurance information. I trust her with my life! Not only does she have the looks to be a supermodel, she has the most amazing personality!"
~ Anonymous ~
Botox can be used in almost every area of the face, including frown lines on the forehead, crow's feet, and other facial lines and wrinkles. It can also be used to decrease sweating under the arms and on the hands and feet.
Other uses of Botox include not allowing the corners of your lips to descend into a frown with age - that is keeping your smile level. It is also FDA approved for migraine headaches and can be used to treat TMJ (pains in the jaw) and to smooth the outline of a bulky jaw.
How is the procedure performed?
Treatments take only a few minutes. Patients sit in the treatment chair as they receive fast, gentle injections of Botox to address the problem areas.
What can I expect after the procedure?
Results begin to show in three to five days, and last about three to four months or longer. Some slight bruising can occur, but it is minor and temporary, easily camouflaged with makeup.
Who is a proper candidate for treatment?
Most patients are good candidates for Botox – anyone from their late 20's into their 80's and 90’s.
What are some possible risks and complications?
Some patients may experience redness, local discomfort, swelling, and bruising at the injection site, though this is typically short-term. Rarely one can get temporary drooping of the upper eyelid. Although rare, some patients may not respond as well to injections as others and may need more than one treatment for optimum results.
Why choose Dr. Downie for Botox injections?
Dr. Downie is extensively trained in administering Botox treatments. She has provided special training for other doctors as an instructor for the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Fillers and Injectables courses. She continues to further her own education and teach other dermatologists about the amazing benefits of Botox. She has also been involved in clinical trials for two different neurotoxins.
If you have been considering a procedure such as Botox, call Dr. Downie today to schedule a consultation in her Montclair, New Jersey office. She will listen to your concerns and goals, and talk about how cosmetic dermatology can address your stubborn signs of aging.
- Frown Lines Forehead In Montclair - Botox proves effective in treating frown lines on the forehead and various other wrinkles
- Best Wrinkle Reducer Glen Ridge - Patients ask if Botox is the best wrinkle reducer in dermatology
- Botox Cost In Montclair - Patients in New Jersey and beyond ask, "Is Botox worth the cost?"
- Botox for Forehead Lines Near Me Glen Ridge - Patients ask, “Is there a dermatologist near me who uses Botox for frown lines on the forehead?”
- Cost of Botox Treatment Essex Fells - Understanding the cost of Botox treatment
- Affordable Botox Treatment Essex Fells - Give your appearance an affordable boost with Botox treatment
- Botox Treatment Glen Ridge - Botox treatment from your dermatologist redefines beauty
- Frown Lines Forehead Essex Fells NJ - Using Botox to eliminate frown lines on the forehead
- Facial Injections Essex Fells - How does Botox work for patients?
- Wrinkle Treatments Essex Fells - What you need to know about wrinkle treatments?
- Botox Wrinkle Reducer Essex Fells - How to get the best results with Botox