Image DermatologyIf you're going to trust your face to a doctor, it ought to be to the best, and Dr. Downie is the ticket. Why? Because she's up to date in her field, she's honest enough to tell you that you're going to look worse before you look better (when procedures take time to heal) and when you when you really mess up your face (like I did in a fall) she walks with you through the healing, checking it along the way. I look as if nothing ever even happened.
I hate waiting for doctors, but I could not be any more grateful for being able to get care from the best doctor in town (and maybe even in the country) when I have an emergency and the kind of treatment I receive at a critical moment in time will affect how I might look forever. If your appointment was delayed while Dr. Downie was treating me, thank you!
Dr. Downie has more than 15 years of experience injecting Botox, achieving lovely, natural-looking results. She has been using Botox on her patients since 1994 and on herself since 1996. She compares it to breathing – it is necessary. If you can afford it, you should do it!
What is Botox?
Botox is a prescription medication injected just under the skin with a very fine needle. It blocks nerve impulses to facial muscles and thereby decreases fine lines and wrinkles. Dr. Downie explains the process this way, "If you don't crease the envelope (the forehead, between the eyes, and at the outer corners of the eyes) by tensing those muscles, you won't develop a deep line in the skin. You won't look angry, stressed, or tired when you are actually happy."
Dr. Downie has been using botox on her own frown lines for more than 16 years. This is an actual before and after photo of Dr. Downie.
Testimonial"Dr. D is the most personable Dr. I ever met in my life, she totally informed me on everything from procedure to insurance information. I trust her with my life! Not only does she have the looks to be a supermodel, she has the most amazing personality!"
~ Anonymous ~
Botox can be used in almost every area of the face, including frown lines on the forehead, crow's feet, and other facial lines and wrinkles. It can also be used to decrease sweating under the arms and on the hands and feet.
Other uses of Botox include not allowing the corners of your lips to descend into a frown with age - that is keeping your smile level. It is also FDA approved for migraine headaches and can be used to treat TMJ (pains in the jaw) and to smooth the outline of a bulky jaw.
How is the procedure performed?
Treatments take only a few minutes. Patients sit in the treatment chair as they receive fast, gentle injections of Botox to address the problem areas.
What can I expect after the procedure?
Results begin to show in three to five days, and last about three to four months or longer. Some slight bruising can occur, but it is minor and temporary, easily camouflaged with makeup.
Who is a proper candidate for treatment?
Most patients are good candidates for Botox – anyone from their late 20's into their 80's and 90’s.
What are some possible risks and complications?
Some patients may experience redness, local discomfort, swelling, and bruising at the injection site, though this is typically short-term. Rarely one can get temporary drooping of the upper eyelid. Although rare, some patients may not respond as well to injections as others and may need more than one treatment for optimum results.
Why choose Dr. Downie for Botox injections?
Dr. Downie is extensively trained in administering Botox treatments. She has provided special training for other doctors as an instructor for the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Fillers and Injectables courses. She continues to further her own education and teach other dermatologists about the amazing benefits of Botox. She has also been involved in clinical trials for two different neurotoxins.
If you have been considering a procedure such as Botox, call Dr. Downie today to schedule a consultation in her Montclair, New Jersey office. She will listen to your concerns and goals, and talk about how cosmetic dermatology can address your stubborn signs of aging.
- Physician gives tips for successful Botox treatment
- Doctor explains the Botox procedure for wrinkles
- I am not even near 30 and I see lines – can Botox help me?
- The best time to begin Botox treatment
- The role of Botox in comprehensive anti-aging treatment
- Nationally prominent Montclair dermatologist provides safe and effective Botox treatment
- Well-respected doctors offer Botox for lines near the corners of the eyes and other facial areas
- Patients ask if there are any side effects from Botox
- Nationally known doctor reviews the various uses of Botox
- Respected dermatologist explains why Botox is considered one of the best injectables in dermatology
- Botox proves effective in treating frown lines on the forehead and various other wrinkles
- Patients ask if Botox is the best wrinkle reducer in dermatology
- Patients in New Jersey and beyond ask, "Is Botox worth the cost?"
- Patients ask, “Is there a dermatologist near me who uses Botox for frown lines on the forehead?”
- Understanding the cost of Botox treatment
- Give your appearance an affordable boost with Botox treatment
- Botox treatment from your dermatologist redefines beauty
- Using Botox to eliminate frown lines on the forehead
- How does Botox work for patients?
- What you need to know about wrinkle treatments?
- How to get the best results with Botox