Relax! Your wrinkles are under control with Xeomin® Skin changes in many ways, leaving telltale signs of age. Among the most noticeable are deeply-etched frown lines. Board-certified dermatologist, Dr. Jeanine Downie, offers expert facial wrinkles treatment at her practice in Montclair, NJ. Xeomin is an important part of her anti-aging toolkit.
TWO KINDS OF RHYTIDS
A rhytid is a wrinkle in the skin, and there are two types.
“Static” means at rest. Static rhytids are folds that form as skin sags, regardless of muscle movement. Dermal fillers are a good choice to combat static wrinkles.
“Dynamic” describes a force that stimulates change. Dynamic rhytids are wrinkles caused by repeated muscle contractions. As you squint, frown, purse your lips, or make other facial expressions repeatedly, muscles pull superficial skin into creases. Eventually skin loses its ability to recover, and the lines remain.
MONTCLAIR, NJ DERMATOLOGIST USES XEOMIN TO REDUCE WRINKLES
Xeomin incobotulinumtoxinA is a neuromodulator – a highly purified protein. It is injected into precise points in facial anatomy where it blocks the release of chemicals that trigger muscle contractions.
Here are some of the reasons Dr. Downie’s patients love Xeomin FDA approved treatment:
- Convenient and comfortable – Injections take only a few minutes with a fine needle. Topical numbing usually isn’t needed.
- No downtime – You may return to usual activities right after your appointment. Serious Xeomin side effects are rare, but the doctor will discuss them with you.
- Great results – Xeomin is fast-acting. Depending on the treatment area (forehead lines are first to respond), there may be improvement the next day, a noticeable difference within five days, and the full effect in ten days.
- Long-lasting rejuvenation – Your refreshed look continues for three to four months. Most people schedule a touch-up within that time frame to maintain results. With each re-treatment, less product and fewer injections are needed, as muscles stay relaxed.
- Versatile – In addition to frown lines treatment, Xeomin can be used on many areas of the face where muscle contractions cause an unwanted appearance. Neuromodulator treatment may be used alone, or in combination with other minimally-invasive rejuvenation techniques.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Downie to learn about your beautiful options. The number for image Dermatology ® P.C. is (973) 509-6900
Watch Patient Experience With Xeomin
Hey instagram fans! Happy Friday! Here you can see X marks the spot, it is another toxin that I use in addition to using Botox. My patient used Botox for a while and then it stopped doing what it really needed to do. So, then we moved to Xeomin and Xeomin is kicking in and taking over, so we are using some Xeomin. It relaxes the organs. If you never have the line you won’t get the dent and that would look mad and you don’t need to look mad so it is a good thing. One of my favorite fillers, do a little bit in the cheeks, bit in the forehead a tiny little bit, refresh and relax, make my patients look a little bit younger and a lot less stressed. So that is what we are about this Friday morning, please watch and enjoy!