Acne treatment at Image Dermatology
Many teens and adults believe that acne is just an unfortunate part of life. While there are certain stages of life that increase the appearance of acne, patients in Montclair, New Jersey, don’t just have to live with it. Today, there are many options for treatment. However, your first step is to consult with a dermatologist you know and trust.
Dr. Jeanine Downie at Image Dermatology has been helping her teen and adult patients find relief from acne for many years. She understands that acne can be an embarrassing and frustrating skin condition for people of all ages and skin types. If you’re wondering if your acne needs professional treatment, consider the following:
- Severity: Most teens and adults get the occasional pimple. Even if they erupt at the worst possible time, a pimple now and then is likely not a reason to schedule a doctor appointment. However, if your acne is more severe, a dermatologist can help get it under control.
- Over-the-counter treatments don’t help: There are many products on the market today that can help improve and prevent acne. If you feel like you’ve tried them all and nothing helps, it might be time to see a professional and receive professional-grade treatment.
- Acne is caused by medication: If your acne flared after beginning medication, particularly those for anxiety or depression, be sure to tell your doctor. She may recommend an alternative medicine with fewer side effects or prescribe a treatment to address the acne.
- You see scars: Acne can often come and go with no lingering side effects. However, it can also cause scarring that lasts for many years after the pimples disappear. If you’re beginning to notice scarring caused by your acne, it’s time to contact a dermatologist for help.
- Self-esteem: If the acne makes you feel self-conscious or causes you to avoid social situations, it might be time to seek professional help. A doctor can help clear up the acne and improve your self-confidence.
Actual Patient Results
If you choose to seek professional help, your doctor will likely want to understand some specific information, including:
- How long have you been experiencing acne outbreaks?
- Has the acne gotten worse over time?
- What treatments have you tried, and for how long?
If you’re struggling with acne and want help, call Image Dermatology today at (973) 509-6900.