GENTLELASE IS PREMIER TECHNOLOGY FOR HAIR REMOVAL AND MORE
Lasers bring significant benefits to dermatology patients in the form of less invasive procedures, efficient care, reduced downtime, and excellent results. GentleLASE treatment from Dr. Jeanine Downie at image Dermatology ® P.C. in Montclair, NJ is no exception.
GENTLELASE IMPROVES COMPLEXIONS
GentleLASE is an alexandrite or “red light” Q-switch laser. That means it produces short pulses of intense light in the infrared spectrum. Laser energy penetrates deep layers of skin tissue, delivering controlled, therapeutic heat, with minimal impact to the epidermis. A proprietary built-in cooling mechanism ensures maximum comfort during treatment. This versatile laser can be used to treat:
- Facial veins – It safely eliminates noticeable blood vessels, including blue facial veins, on the nose and cheeks
- Leg veins – Spider veins and blue reticular veins from thigh to ankle can be treated effectively, without sclerosing injections
- Pigmented lesions – Blue, black, or brown benign spots; café-au-lait birthmarks; freckles; and sunspots
- Venous lakes – Phlebectasis are soft blue or purple colored papules on the lips, face, or ears
- Beard bumps – Pseudofolliculitis barbae or PFB is an irritating condition caused by shaving. Ingrown hairs can be eliminated with GentleLASE treatment. Keep reading to learn more about this method of permanent hair removal.
Actual Patient Results
GENTLELASE HAIR REMOVAL IN MONTCLAIR, NJ
This laser is ideal for hair removal, particularly in individuals with skin tones in the fair to mid-range. The device has a larger spot size, resulting in more hairs treated with each application of laser energy.
The light is absorbed by pigments in hair follicles, heating and destroying those in the anagen growth phase. While hair becomes finer and sparser after the first treatment, several sessions are needed for optimal bikini hair removal and underarm hair removal as well as face and arms. For male hair removal, 5 to 15 sessions may be necessary, depending on thickness of growth and size of treatment area (such as back and chest).
Treated hair does not grow back, but your body continues to produce some new follicles each year. Occasional touch-ups easily manage this re-growth.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Downie to find out how you can benefit from GentleLASE treatment. The number in Montclair, NJ is (973) 509-6900