Why choose GentleLASE laser hair reduction treatment
Are you tired of shaving? Do you get razor bumps? Do you love the feeling of smooth skin, and hate stubble? If so, it may be time to consider laser hair reduction treatment from Dr. Downie of image Dermatology in Montclair, NJ.
Top ten benefits of laser hair reduction
- Safety – GentleLASE and Excel V hair removal are based on proven technologies, which have been used for medical and cosmetic treatments for many years.
- Health – Laser hair reduction is often thought of as a purely cosmetic treatment. However, many patients struggle with razor bumps, ingrown hairs, and skin irritation from temporary hair removal techniques. The abrasion or harsh chemicals used to remove hair can also aggravate some skin conditions.
- Stubble elimination – Shaving cuts hairs off even with the skin surface. Since hair is constantly growing, you might start feeling stubble within hours. Waxing pulls hairs out, so it takes a little longer before you feel regrowth above the skin surface. However, once stubble begins you will need to let it grow out for a while before you can wax again.
- Precision accuracy – GentleLASE and Excel V are designed to selectively target hair follicles with minimal effect on the surrounding skin. Because it only acts on follicles directly contacted by laser energy, the exact parameters of the treatment area can be tailored to your needs. For example, laser hair removal may be used around the edges of the beard area in men or the bikini area in women.
- Affordability – Some patients hesitate to invest in laser treatment, considering it a mere convenience. However, if you add the cumulative cost of what you spend day after day, year after year on razors, creams, tweezers, and waxing treatments, then you begin to see how economical laser treatment can be.
- Effectiveness – Most patients respond very well to laser treatment, achieving optimal results takes a while. Typically, the majority of hairs in the treated area are permanently eliminated after a complete series of treatments.
- Safe for all skin types – Thankfully, the days of lasers being unsafe for dark skin are long past. Today’s advanced technology is capable of passing through the skin with longer wavelengths making the laser safe to treat darker skin types.
to book an appointment today.
- Comfort – Most patients describe laser hair treatments as tolerable but report a stinging sensation as follicles are “zapped.” GentleLASE and Excel V are designed to reduce discomfort, providing the best possible patient experience. The system includes patented DCD (Dynamic Cooling Device) technology. It works by applying a cryogen mist immediately before laser energy reaches the skin, keeping the surface comfortably cool.
- Convenience – Who has time to shave every day or wax every month? Certainly not you! With just a few fast and convenient laser treatment sessions, you can mark hair removal off your to-do list for good! At most, you might need a touch up appointment about once a year, although some patients never need to repeat treatment.
- High patient satisfaction – Laser hair removal has a “worth it” rating of 94 percent at RealSelf, and equally excellent reviews from our patients. In fact, Dr. Downie is a laser hair removal patient herself (and she hasn’t needed to shave in more than a decade). When she tells patients about the wonderful benefits of this procedure, she is speaking from personal experience!
What you should know about the GentleLASE hair removal procedure
This laser hair removal system is wonderfully effective and reliable. It is safe and effective and can be use on small areas like the upper lip or larger areas like the back.
However, it is not instant. The most important thing patients need to understand is that the process will take some time, and a series of several treatment sessions.
The timing of laser treatment is dictated by your own body’s hair growth cycle. Every follicle goes through phases of active growth, alternating with inactive resting periods. At any given time, only a certain percentage of follicles are active – and they will respond to laser energy. Unfortunately, it won’t affect resting follicles. Therefore, we need to wait a few weeks and repeat treatment when different hairs emerge. Again, only a percentage of follicles will be treated, and another appointment will be needed. The process is repeated every few weeks until nearly every hair in the treatment area has been “zapped.”