Image DermatologyI've been to numerous dermatologists over that past 15 years and my skin has never been as clear as it is now since I was in high school! I love Dr. Downie-her staff is wonderful & always works around my schedule!
Patients pucker up for Restylane SilkFrom bright and bold lipstick to sparkly and shimmery lip gloss, there are plenty of ways to give your lips an aesthetic boost. However, after sipping your morning coffee or a glass of wine in the evening, you may find the makeup solution is only temporary. This can leave you longing for an option that can offer a beautiful look that lasts regardless of your beverage choice. Thankfully, Image Dermatology in Montclair provides a way to attain a long lasting plump pout – Restylane Silk.
Understanding Restylane SilkDr. Jeanine Downie, nationally prominent dermatologist, can personally attest to beautiful and long lasting results of dermal fillers such as Restylane. In June 2014, the FDA approved Restylane Silk, a gel-based injectable used to smooth wrinkles around the mouth and increase lip volume. Restylane Silk is comprised of hyaluronic acid, which is a protective and lubricating gel produced naturally by the body. It lubricates all of the joints in our body.
What to expect for treatmentYou can usually expect one to two sessions in the course of two weeks. Over time, you can embrace more volume in your lips, a result that can last up to six months. Wrinkles around the mouth can become smoother, adding a youthful aesthetic to your beautiful, plump lips.
Commonly asked questions:
- Who are candidates for treatment? If you want to improve the aesthetic of your lips and are older than 21, you may be a candidate for treatment. You may not be a candidate if you have severe allergies, a bleeding disorder, or a hypersensitivity to local anesthetics such as lidocaine.
- Are there any side effects after treatment? Side effects can include swelling, redness, or tenderness around the injected area; however, Dr. Downie will take every precaution to ensure a comfortable treatment. When needed, cold compresses can reduce swelling.
- How many sessions will I need to achieve the best results? We recommend one or two sessions to achieve the optimal lip volume and a more youthful look around the mouth.
- Restylane and Volbella: More than lip enhancement
- How to know if Restylane Silk lip injection treatment is right for you
- The benefits of Restylane Silk lip augmentation highlighted
- Patients seek Restylane Silk injections to attain plump lips
- Patients seek a nationally prominent dermatologist for a treatment to enhance lip volume