Sometimes our skin ages faster than we do. When you look in the mirror, you don't want to see a tired looking, wrinkled face staring back. You want your appearance to reflect your inner qualities of youthfulness and vitality. Would you like to look as young as you feel? At Image Dermatology, we offer several solutions for facial wrinkles in Montclair. One of the most popular is Botox treatment.
What is Botox
This treatment is often called the injectable fountain of youth, and for good reason. Botox treatment is very different from dermal fillers. They work by adding volume, which plumps the skin, smoothing out wrinkles. Botox prevents the wrinkle from forming, by targeting the cause.
It is believed that most facial wrinkles are caused by small muscle contractions. Botox is a refined and purified form of botulinum A toxin. In carefully measured doses, it can block activity in the nerves that control those small facial muscles. This prevents the contraction, thus preventing the wrinkle from forming.
Botox can reduce or eliminate most facial wrinkles, taking years off your appearance. It usually produces the best results when used on wrinkles that have not yet turned into permanent creases. These dynamic wrinkles, as they are called, appear when you talk, smile, laugh, or form other facial expressions. When you relax your face, they disappear.
What to expect
The treatment is fast, easy, and virtually painless. It simply consists of injections, with a very fine needle. Most patients describe the feeling as nothing more than slight discomfort. In just a few minutes, the entire procedure is complete. You should see full results within two weeks.
There are generally no side effects to Botox treatment beyond temporary bruising at the injection site. Refraining from taking blood-thinning medications (including aspirin) prior to treatment can help minimize bruising. A few patients report headaches following the injection, but they are rare and usually last less than 24 hours. Botox treatment will need to be repeated every three to four months, for lasting results.
If you are ready to say goodbye to wrinkles forever, call Image Dermatology today and schedule an appointment with Dr. Jeanine B. Downie to find out if Botox is right for you.
Back to Botox Home Page
- Cost of Botox Treatment Essex Fells - Understanding the cost of Botox treatment
- Affordable Botox Treatment Essex Fells - Give your appearance an affordable boost with Botox treatment
- Botox Treatment Glen Ridge - Botox treatment from your dermatologist redefines beauty
- Frown lines Forehead Essex Fells NJ - Using Botox to eliminate frown lines on the forehead
- Facial Injections Essex Fells - How does Botox work for patients?
- Wrinkle Treatments Essex Fells - What you need to know about wrinkle treatments?
- Botox Wrinkle Reducer Essex Fells - How to get the best results with Botox