Expressive lips start with Juvéderm VolbellaAre you one of the countless individuals with thin, poorly defined lips? It could be an ethnic trait or the result of sun exposure, dehydration, extreme weather conditions, smoking, facial habits, or simply the passing of time. Regardless, thin lips can make you look stern even when you feel upbeat. They age your face and detract from even the prettiest smile. Montclair, NJ dermatologist, Dr. Jeanine Downie, suggests Juvéderm Volbella to achieve lips that express your true personality. She has Volbella in her own lips!
Non-surgical lip fillersLip enhancement with dermal fillers is a minimally-invasive technique to augment, shape, and define lips. A smooth gel containing hyaluronic acid (HA) is injected into precise points around the mouth. The filler is an instant lip plumper, and since HA binds with water molecules, it keeps lip tissues hydrated internally for months.
While there are many non-invasive treatments on the market, no topical product can provide the volume or precision of injectable fillers. Yet, there is essentially no downtime with Volbella, minimal side effects, and none of the risks of a surgical procedure.
The Volbella differenceVolbella has been used in Europe for several years, and is available in more than 70 countries globally. It received US FDA approval in 2016. It is one of several dermal fillers designed for lip augmentation, each with distinct qualities. Here are some of the reasons Dr. Downie’s patients love Volbella:
- The formula is thin and soft. That means an ultra-fine needle can be used, and the filler doesn’t look lumpy under the delicate skin on lips.
- Volbella is made with Allergan’s proprietary Vycross technology. This allows varying sizes of HA molecules to cross-link, resulting in less product needed and reduced risk of swelling.
- Injections contain a small amount of lidocaine, for a comfortable treatment experience.
- Dr. Downie also uses Volbella to smooth fine periorbital lines (smoker’s lip lines) around the mouth, and to correct asymmetry in the smile.
- Results last six months or longer!
For lips that look naturally full and elegant, call Image Dermatology at (973) 509-6900.