The art and science of Juvéderm injection treatment
Don’t let wrinkles get the best of you! Juvéderm treatment is available from image Dermatology® in Montclair, NJ near Short Hills. Dr. Downie is internationally known for her skill, experience, and in-depth knowledge in dermal filler treatment, including Juvéderm. She and her team take pride in delivering exceptional quality treatment with an equally exceptional patient experience.
How Juvéderm is different
Juvéderm is one of several hyaluronic acid (HA) based fillers on the market. HA is a natural compound that is present in the human body, including skin. It helps retain hydration and plumpness. What sets Juvéderm apart from the many other HA-based formulas available?
- Advanced cross-linking technology – Without crosslinking of molecules, HA would be extremely thin, and it would be disbursed almost instantly. Crosslinking makes it more resilient and long-lasting. Juvéderm has refined the art of crosslinking, with cutting-edge technology that yields a premium quality, ultra-smooth formula with a high concentration of HA for optimal results.
- Variety of products – The Juvéderm family includes several wonderful dermal fillers, with varying levels of viscosity. Each is uniquely suited to specific treatment areas and depths. Softer, thinner formulas are ideal for subtle contouring in delicate areas such as the lip, while firmer and more resilient fillers provide significant volume and hold their shape well in deep injections, such as the cheek area.
- Extra comfort – Juvéderm XC fillers contain an extra special ingredient, which is lidocaine. It is a fast-acting anesthetic, so the Juvéderm formula actually numbs the treatment area as it is injected, creating an especially comfortable patient experience.
to book an appointment today.
Is dermal filler treatment right for you?
Time takes a toll on the face and body in many different ways. There is no single “fountain of youth” that can erase the years. Instead, aesthetic medicine works by addressing the cause of individual concerns, restoring skin and its underlying structure to a more youthful state. One of the primary causes of facial aging is volume loss, which occurs at a rate of about one teaspoon per year beginning around the age of 30.
Injectable dermal filler treatment is also a growing trend among younger “millennials” approaching maturity. Early intervention, or “prejuvenation” helps to defect signs of aging before they occur.
Dr. Downie is adept in using fillers to satisfy the needs of both patient groups – to slow the aging process, and to help to prevent visible signs of aging from developing.
The benefits of dermal fillers include:
- Correct sunken cheeks or an overly thin facial appearance
- Smooth away small wrinkles, such as vertical lines around the lips
- Fill in deep folds and wrinkles
- Restore volume and structure to the upper face, literally lifting sagging skin
- Restore thinning lips and improve definition of the lip-line
- Enhance and augment facial contours to achieve voluptuous lips, a perfect pout, or even a more defined nose
- Hand rejuvenation and much more!
The importance of choosing the right dermatologist
Juvéderm is absolutely wonderful product, with reliable quality. The same is true of several other dermal fillers and various anti aging injectables. Unfortunately, there is a common misconception that quality products guarantee quality results. In reality, the single most crucial factor affecting the outcome of treatment is the skill of the person holding the needle.
Just imagine purchasing the finest quality paint and handing it to someone who just took an art class. You might or might not get a decent-quality painting, but you wouldn’t expect a breathtaking masterpiece. The same principle applies to cosmetic medicine. If you put the needle in inexperienced hands, the outcome is questionable. If you want breathtaking results, you need a dermatologist who has mastered the art and science of aesthetic medicine. That is why quality-conscious patients in Montclair and nearby communities trust their faces to Dr. Downie of image Dermatology®.
Dr. Downie is internationally renowned for her dermatology skills and advanced anti-aging techniques. As a participating physician during Juvéderm’s early clinical trials, she began using the product long before it was introduced to most physicians. She has authored textbook chapters, given lectures around the world, and served as a national trainer for several aesthetic procedures. Television media and print publications frequently contact Dr. Downie for expert opinions and information about dermatology and anti-aging topics.
Discover a younger you
The key to effective treatment with natural looking results is carefully evaluating each patient and devising tailored solutions – and a consultation at image Dermatology® can unlock a beautiful new world. If you are considering Juvéderm injections or any other aesthetic treatment, call us at (973) 509-6900 and schedule an appointment to learn about your best options.
Back to Juvederm Page