The benefits of laser hair removal
If you want smooth, silky skin every day without tweezing, shaving, waxing, or using smelly creams, then you could be an ideal candidate for laser hair removal. It is one of the most frequently performed cosmetic procedures in the United States, for very good reasons. Dr. Downie and her team at image Dermatology ® P.C. are proud to offer this wonderful option for residents of Montclair, Essex Fells, Glen Ridge, and other area communities.
to book an appointment today.
The many benefits of this treatment include:
- Predictability – After a series of six to twenty or more laser sessions, approximately ninety percent of patients will achieve permanent hair loss in the treated area.
- Speed – Every pulse of light delivered treats several hairs simultaneously, in just a fraction of a second. Small areas can be treated in just minutes, and large areas such as the back may be completed in about an hour.
- Precision – Because laser devices allow for exacting accuracy, this is a great option for precision work such as sculpting a woman’s bikini line or man’s beard area.
- Safety – Modern lasers specifically target the pigment within the hair follicle without harming the surrounding skin.
- Permanency – Do-it-yourself hair removal, such as shaving, is temporary. Hairs are constantly growing, even while the razor is passing over them. With laser treatment, the hairs don’t grow back. Most patients need one annual touch-up, at most, to maintain results.
- Convenience – Simplify your personal grooming routine by eliminating shaving, and never worry that stubble may be showing.
- Comfort – Today’s laser hair removal is gentle, typically causing no more than a mild stinging sensation. Most patients compare the feeling to that of being “snapped” with a rubber band.
- Versatility – Laser hair removal is appropriate for women and men of all ages, ethnicities, and skin types. However, it is most effective on darker, coarser hairs.
Does laser hair removal sound like the solution that you have been looking for? If so, call image Dermatology ® P.C. at (973) 509-6900 and schedule a consultation to find out if you are a good candidate.