Why choose a dermatologist for Kybella treatment?
By Jeanine Downie
Have you ever worn a scarf to hide your double chin? Do you seek the perfect angle so it doesn’t show in photographs? If so, you may be considering seeing your dermatologist for Kybella treatment. As the first FDA approved, non-surgical treatment for submental fat (double chin) it is in high demand in New Jersey and across the nation.
The safety of Kybella
Before earning FDA approval in 2015, Kybella underwent extensive clinical trials involving over one thousand patients. The safety and efficacy of the product was established, and serious side effects were rare during these tests. However, it is important to understand that FDA trials are performed by highly skilled and experienced professionals, who are trained in the specific procedure.
The FDA advises that Kybella should only be administered by a licensed medical professional. Dr. Downie echoes this sentiment when advising patients. She was a clinical investigator for Kybella during the FDA trials, and she has been working with Kybella ever since. She is also a national trainer, teaching other medical professionals to use this product. As one of the nation’s most experienced Kybella providers, she understands the importance of precision and skill.
to book an appointment today.
What Kybella can do for you
When administered properly, Kybella has few side effects, and they are generally mild. Patients may experience a stinging sensation, and temporary bruising or swelling in the treatment area, particularly after the first session. Side effects generally become milder with successive treatments.
The benefits of Kybella include:
- Get liposuction-like results without the downtime of liposuction.
- The procedure is nonsurgical and minimally invasive.
- Most patients achieve optimal results in about four to six treatment sessions, sometimes more.
- The active ingredient is chemically identical to a compound naturally produced by the body, making it highly biocompatible.
- Dr. Downie recommends Kybella for fat under the chin. It can also be used off-label on other areas of the body where fat accumulates.