Experience the advantages of Fraxel Laser treatment
The developments that have occurred in laser technology have paved new ways for experienced dermatologists like Dr. Jeanine Downie to help patients reverse the signs of aging that occur on various areas of the body. At image Dermatology ® P.C. near Essex Fells, we are happy to provide information on Fraxel Restore treatments and help patients determine when they are ready to experience dermal rejuvenation with this outstanding technology.
How Fraxel works
Fraxel laser treatments used by Dr. Downie are FDA-cleared to address a variety of skin concerns. Fraxel is fractional laser treatment. Fractional lasers are designed to break light down into thousands of tiny segments before they reach the skin. This light penetrates the skin in such a way that only small areas are affected. In between the parts of the skin laser energy penetrates are larger areas of unaffected tissue. By treating thousands of minuscule areas of the skin, rather than every inch of it, Fraxel promotes the natural production of collagen, a healing substance, and removes dead, dull skin cells from the epidermis.
to book an appointment today.
How Fraxel improves your complexion
Dr. Jeanine Downie has extensive hands-on training and experience to achieve outstanding results using Fraxel. This minimally invasive procedure can be applied to various skin types, from very light to very dark. Fraxel treatments may be recommended for the improvement of:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun damage
- Age spots
- Acne scarring and other types of scars
- Stretch marks
The Fraxel experience
- Dr. Downie begins care with a thorough consultation in which patients can discuss their concerns and learn about treatment options. Details of Fraxel treatment are provided, and any questions are answered. If Fraxel seems the most suitable treatment for the achievement of the desired outcome, the first treatment session will be scheduled.
- Before treatment, the skin is cleansed and we apply a topical anesthetic for an hour. As laser energy passes through the epidermis, patients feel a slight warming sensation. The heat of the laser is offset with cool air from the Zimmer cooling device.
- After Fraxel laser, the skin may feel slightly sunburned for a day or two. Minor redness and swelling may be noticed, but it will fade within a few days. It is possible to wear makeup after the treatment, and sunscreen is highly recommended.
- As the skin begins to change from the inside out, it will become darker, like a suntan. Flaking may occur as dead skin cells slough off naturally. During this time, moisturizing the skin can keep it looking its best.
- Optimal results may be achieved in four to six treatment sessions, scheduled every few weeks. Each session lasts for about fifteen minutes, depending on the extent of the treatment area. Within about five days of each session, patients notice a visible improvement in the look of their skin. Over the course of treatment, the skin’s appearance can improve dramatically due to the progressive effects of extra collagen.
- As we help patients reverse the signs of aging and sun damage with Fraxel Restore, we also discuss skincare that will maximize the results of this laser treatment.
The team at image Dermatology ® P.C. wants you to love your skin. If you’re ready to experience the advantages of Fraxel laser treatment, contact our office near Essex Fells today.