The liquid facelift
A youthful face is full and smooth, with gentle contours and well supported skin. Over time, our faces gradually lose volume. With a lack of support, skin begins sagging, and features become more angular. Historically, the only solution was a surgical facelift, tightening the skin. Thanks to the scientific research, and dermatologic advancements in the past couple of decades, we now have a non-surgical, highly effective solution – dermal fillers. Montclair dermatologist, Dr. Jeanine Downie of image Dermatology® keeps herself and her patients looking young and beautiful with dermal fillers!
Often called a “liquid facelift,” a dermal filler procedure can take years off your appearance. The most popular fillers are made of hyaluronic acid, a substance that naturally occurs in healthy skin and joints. The hyaluronic acid used in dermal fillers is not harvested from animal sources. Products such as Restylane, Perlane, and Juvéderm produce natural, long-lasting results – up to six months for most patients.
Dermal fillers can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by restoring youthful volume, and support for the skin. They can be used on the hands and all facial areas, with especially impressive results around the eyes. Several different dermal fillers are used at image Dermatology®. The best choice depends on the area, and the type of wrinkles being treated, as each filler has its own special benefits:
- Perlane has a larger average particle size, making it a great choice for deep creases and areas needing significant volumizing.
- Sculptra to add significant volume gradually over time all over the face.
- Restylane has fine particles, yielding beautiful results in delicate areas. It is an excellent choice for lip enhancement and under eyes.
- Juvedérm’s ultra-smooth texture makes it a great choice for areas like the cheeks, or the backs of hands.
- Radiesse for the deepest areas and to pick up a saggy face, strengthen a jawline, or correct a slightly crooked nose.
There is minimal discomfort, and little to no downtime associated with a dermal filler treatment. You may experience slight bruising and soreness, which should resolve in less than seven days (up to 14 days for lips). If you are concerned about pain or soreness, ask about Restylane-L, Perlane-L, which contains pain medications for maximum comfort.
Do you want to turn back the hands of time without surgery, scarring, or downtime? Call (973) 509-6900 today and schedule an appointment to meet your younger self!