What sets Rejuvenize peel treatment apart?
Today it is hard to log into a social media site or complete an internet search without a barrage of beauty innovations. They run the gamut from DIY self-helps to skin care products, makeup, high-tech procedures, and plastic surgery. Yet one simple fact remains – healthy skin is beautiful. Dr. Jeanine Downie emphasizes this concept with every treatment at Image Dermatology in Montclair, NJ. It is one of the reasons she recommends the Rejuvenize peel. Here is a look at what differentiates this treatment.
Much more than a facial
A facial is usually performed in a spa or beauty salon. It involves application of masks, creams, and lotions, and may include extraction of pimples, exfoliation, steam, or massage. A facial can be a pampering experience, but it lacks the “oomph” of true medical treatment from a Board-certified dermatology professional.
A Rejuvenize chemical peel is performed by or under the direct supervision of Dr. Downie. The chemical formulation is powerful enough to create meaningful change in deep skin layers, while maintaining a comfortable experience.
- Malic acid is an organic compound with many benefits. It helps to remove build up of dead cells at the surface of skin, balance pH, smooth rough texture, and brighten the complexion.
- Mandelic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid derived extract of bitter almonds. It addresses pigmentation irregularities and sun damage.
- Panthenol is a B5 provitamin with robust moisturizing and lubricating properties.
- Phytic acid, a gentle plant seed extract, lightens hyperpigmentation and controls production of sebum.
- Quillaja saponaria comes from the soapbark tree. It has a long history in medical and food industries. In Rejuvenize, it moisturizes by stimulating skin to produce natural hydration.
- Resorcinol comes from natural resins. It breaks down rough exterior skin cells, and acts as an antiseptic, clearing harmful bacteria from the complexion.
- Salicylic acid is a keratolytic in the same class of drugs as aspirin. By increasing moisture in skin, it dissolves bonds that hold cells together, so you get a thorough peel.
A Rejuvenize peel pull these ingredients (and more) together in precise amounts, for an effective anti-aging and revitalizing treatment. The care of a trained dermatologist ensures peeling to a controlled depth that accomplishes your rejuvenation goals with minimal recovery time. This treatment is safe for all skin types.
to book an appointment today.
Gentler than ablation
Laser resurfacing uses short pulses of concentrated light to ablate or remove skin tissue a layer at a time. This treatment is very effective for improvement of lines, wrinkles, age spots, acne scarring, and lax skin. However, you can expect about two weeks of social downtime following treatment.
The face is numbed with local anesthetic and you may opt for sedation to remain more relaxed during treatment. Full face ablation takes up to two hours. The face is bandaged for 24 hours, then requires some extra care several times a day while skin heals and swelling subsides.
The Rejuvenize procedure takes less than 15 minutes. You can expect some stinging or a burning sensation, but it typically lasts only a few minutes and is managed with a handheld cooling device. Skin looks yellowish for a few hours and then there may be some redness. However, there is essentially no downtime. You receive instructions for post-procedure home care and may return to your normal routine.
Peeling occurs gradually, ranging from flaking to sloughing off in sheets similar to a sunburn peel. This accelerated rate of cell turnover reveals fresh, younger skin cells underneath and stimulates internal changes that smooth lines and wrinkles.
Why Montclair, NJ expert recommends Rejuvenize peel treatment
One of the biggest advantages of Rejuvenize is that it keeps working for up to eight hours, until you wash it off. After a careful analysis of your skin, Dr. Downie advises optimal treatment time. You may choose to repeat the Rejuvenize peel every four to six weeks for maximum skin improvement, then maintain results with periodic re-treatment.
Dr. Downie has personal experience using Rejuvenize, and a great deal of confidence in the FDA-approved SkinMedica product. She has had great success with Rejuvenize peels on all skin types including dark tones. However, she may recommend starting with a less aggressive Vitalize peel for richly-pigmented skin to establish tolerance, before progressing to Rejuvenize. Please note that skin peels are cosmetic treatments and thus never covered by insurance.
Why do men and women from Essex Fells, Shore Hills, North Caldwell and across the region trust Dr. Downie for skin rejuvenation? She has a reputation for personalized skin care that brings out the best in the individual’s complexion. She backs it up with Board certification in dermatology, and two decades of clinical experience. Call Image Dermatology at (973) 509-6900 to become her newest patient.
Back to Rejuvenize Peel Page