Highly skilled dermatologist reviews the advantages of laser hair removal
Imagine if your body could be free of hair in all of the wrong places. This can include areas such as bikini lines and legs for women. Men often seek treatment to remove hair on their arms and backs. There is no need to daydream about the body you could have, thanks to laser hair removal and the skills of dermatologist Dr. Jeanine Downie and her team at image Dermatology®. Our patients in Glen Ridge and beyond have enjoyed this permanent solution for hair removal. Dr. Downie is happy to review the benefits of laser hair removal to help you decide if it is the right treatment for you.
Benefits of laser hair removal
At image Dermatology®, laser hair removal is:
- Safe – Our products are FDA approved. Dr. Downie has been performing laser hair removal on herself as well as patients for many years. She and her team have the skills and expertise necessary to ensure the safest treatment possible.
- Precise – We use a laser to target many areas simultaneously, without causing damage to the surrounding skin. The laser destroys the hair follicle permanently so hair does not return.
- Effective – Depending on the thickness of the hair and patient needs, we recommend a session every four to six weeks for 5 to 15 sessions depending on the thickness of the hair.
- Convenient – We can remove facial hair in minutes and areas such as the chest, back, legs, and arms can be treated in a single appointment. Many patients schedule their appointment during their lunch hour. There is no downtime, allowing them to return to work or other daily activities.
- Affordable – Various factors can determine the cost of treatment, including the size of the treated area and length of the sessions. Patients have noticed a long-term savings after eliminating the need to buy hair removal products such as razors, shaving creams, wax, and tweezers.
Are you looking for a safe and effective solution for hair removal? Dr. Downie will be happy to explore if laser hair removal is right for you. Schedule a consultation appointment with her by calling (973) 509-6900.Back to Laser Hair Removal Page