Patients near me ask, ‘What are the uses of Botox injections?’
The way we look is important. We want to look younger and more attractive. Lines and wrinkles are not attractive. If you are ready to get rid of your lines, now is the time to search for Botox injections near me. Conveniently located in Montclair, NJ, Dr. Jeanine Downie of image Dermatology® P.C. offers Botox to restore youth and to erase your signs of aging.
What is Botox?
Botox is a neuromodulator that is used to relax the muscles. When used aesthetically and injected into areas of the face, the muscles relax, causing the softening of fine lines. The result is smoother skin. Botox can be used to treat the following areas:
- Glabella – the lines between the eyebrows
- The crow’s feet at the corners of the eyes
- Forehead lines
- Lines around the mouth
- Clenching muscles in the jaw to relieve symptoms of TMJ.
Botox is one of the standard anti-aging treatments. Since treatments only take a mere 15 to 20 minutes, you can be treated on your lunch break without anyone knowing. Side effects after treatment are minimal, but may include redness at the injection site or possible slight bruising. Results appear gradually. Within a week, you will have smoother skin that will last for three to four months for most patients.
Botox as part of your anti-aging regimen
To reap the most benefits from your anti-aging routine, Botox may be combined with several treatments.
- Chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and laser procedures help to exfoliate and smooth the skin. Exfoliation is important to remove the dead skin cells on the outer layer. Thus, the underlying skin is smoother. Botox helps to smooth remaining fine lines and wrinkles.
- Dermal fillers are used to plump and smooth the lines around the mouth or to add fullness to areas of the face. When Botox is injected in the upper part of the face and fillers to the lower half, the face regains its youthful fullness.
image Dermatology® P.C. offers Botox injections to smooth the skin, giving patients a more youthful appearance. Contact our office to schedule your appointment with Dr. Downie. (973) 509-6900Back to Botox Page