Image DermatologyI have been a patient of Dr. Jeanine B. Downie for the past two years. I was a sufferer of acne and had sun damaged skin seeing countless dermatologists without any results until I started going to Image Dermatology. Through the treatment and guidance of Dr. Downie and her amazing staff my skin has never looked better. I highly recommend anyone who suffers from skin imperfections and or problematic skin seeks treatment at Image Dermatology.
Neck and Decollete
Testimonial"Dr. Downie and her physician assistants are extremely knowledgeable in their field. I have always had and continue to have a pleasant experience for my appointments. The products she suggests work well and it is clear that Dr. Downie and her team are committed to satisfying her patients, while continuing to keep their best interest in mind. I have been treated by Dr. Downie for the last 6-7 years and am pleased with the service and attention I received from these skilled professionals."
~ Anonymous ~
The Fraxel procedure
Dr. Downie begins with an evaluation of your concerns. Fraxel is used to treat acne scarring, sun damage, freckles, stretchmarks, scars, dark marks and patches and facial wrinkling. Once it is determined that Fraxel laser treatment is right for you, a first session is scheduled. You are topically numbed for one hour; then the procedure takes about 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the area being treated.
Afterward, sun block is applied. A healing cream is prescribed (Biafine or Bionect) to use for two weeks after treatment along with 4% hydroquinone (Sledgehammer). You receive specific post-care instructions to manage slight redness and swelling that may occur. Sessions should be scheduled approximately once a month for about six months. Subsequently, at least yearly appointments will maintain your fresh look.
There is little to no downtime with Fraxel treatments. Many patients go back to work the same day. Those who feel a little self-conscious about potential redness and swelling usually schedule treatment on "Fraxel Fridays" and look fine by Monday morning. Patients are also recommended to follow a low or no salt diet for a few days after the treatment, and observe a strict sun block and sun avoidance regimen.
Important safety considerations
In Dr. Downie’s experienced hands, Fraxel treatment is very safe and results are predictable. You must follow the proper wound care instructions that are printed and given to you. You also must wear an SPF 30 sunscreen daily and reapply it. However, depending on your skin type, health situation, and aftercare at home there are potential side effects. Some patients experience temporary swelling, redness, or blistering. These side effects go away rapidly and may require you to come back into the office for an additional visit.
Common questions about Fraxel
- What skin concerns can be treated with Fraxel Restore?
This treatment helps skin conditions such as enlarged pores, acne scarring, wrinkles and fine lines, age spots, melasma, hyperpigmentation, sun damage, stretch marks, both fresh surgical scars and older scars, and keloids.
- Is Fraxel only for cosmetic enhancement?
No. It may also be used to eradicate pre-cancerous skin lesions before they become skin cancers.
- Where can Fraxel be used?
All over the body. Fraxel Restore treatment is appropriate for use on the face, neck, chest, shoulders, back, arms, elbows, knees, hands, legs and feet – on all skin types.
- Acne Scar Treatment Laser Montclair - Nationally prominent dermatologist uses innovative laser technology for acne scar treatment
- Montclair Fraxel Reviews - Nationally known dermatologist reviews the benefits of the Fraxel Restore laser
- Fraxel Restore Laser Reviews Essex Fells - Do consumer reviews tell the whole story about Fraxel Restore laser therapy?
- Fraxel for Acne Scarring Essex Fells - Fresh hope for acne scarring: Fraxel laser therapy
- Cost of Fraxel Restore Glen Ridge - Be aware of the cost of Fraxel Restore in inexperienced hands
- Fraxel Laser Treatment Essex Fells - Experience the advantages of Fraxel Laser treatment
- Fraxel Restore Glen Ridge - The benefits of Fraxel Restore
- Laser Treatment Montclair - Restoring youth
- Fraxel Restore Essex Fells - Fraxel Restore skin resurfacing erases skin imperfections
- Essex Fells Fraxel - Turning back the clock with Fraxel Restore